Tavolara Punta Coda Cavallo Marine Protected Area
San Teodoro comes under the Tavolara Punta Coda Cavallo Marine Protected Area, which was founded in 1997 to protect biodiversity and the marine environment, and stretches from Cape Ceraso in the municipality of Olbia to Punta Isuledda in San Teodoro, and includes the municipality of Loiri. It also covers Tavolara, Molara and Molarotto Islands, which are classified as specially protected areas. For information on the marine reserve regulations, maps, diving spots and diving rules, see www.amptavolara.com. Active tourism:
- kite surfing, windsurfing and kayaking;
- diving and snorkelling;
- dinghy trips from San Teodoro and boat trips from Loiri Porto San Paolo to Tavolara and Molara;
- hiking and climbing on Tavolara.
The lagoon is located in the area behind La Cinta beach and features abundant birdlife. It is inhabited by kestrels, coot, herons, gulls and cormorants, although the undisputed stars are the pink flamingos. Active tourism:
- excursions on foot or in off-road vehicles;
- horse riding excursions;
- boat trips.
The highest peak is 970 metres above sea level. It will astonish you with its ancient pathways, trodden by the old charcoal burners, its waterfalls, natural pools and viewpoint. Active tourism:
- cycling or mountain bike excursions;
- hiking and climbing;
- walking, off-road or horse riding excursions.
The sports activities you can enjoy in San Teodoro include:
- football and five-aside football;
For more information, visit our Tourist Office website: www.santeodoroturismo.it